Tube 50 g, Bulk 500 g.
Silver Sulfadiazine Cream is a topical antimicrobial drug indicated as an adjunct for the prevention and treatment of wound sepsis in patients with second and third degree burns.
Method of Use:
• Adults, adolescents and children: After cleansing and debridement, apply topically to a thickness of approximately 1.6 mm (1/16th of an inch) twice per day. Reapply the cream whenever necessary to any affected areas where drug removed by activity or hydrotherapy. Continue treatment until satisfactory healing has occurred or until the burn site is ready for grafting; do not withdraw from therapeutic regimen while there remains possibility of infection, except if a significant adverse reaction occurs.
• Infants ≥ 2 months : Apply topically to a thickness of about 1.6 mm (1/16th of an inch) twice per day.
• Neonates < 2 months: Use not recommended; sulfonamides may cause kernicterus in neonates.
• Renal impairment: Sulfadiazine may accumulate with renal impairment. Accumulation will depend on the body surface area involved and the extent of tissue damage.
• Hepatic impairment: Sulfonamides may cause hepatic impairment; use with caution in hepatic disease. Discontinuation of treatment may be needed if hepatic impairment occurs with treatment.
• Hypersensitivity to silver sulfadiazine or any of the other ingredients in the preparation.
• Pregnant women approaching or at term, premature infants, newborn infants during the first 2 months of life. and any of the other components.