Box of 10 blisters of 10 scored tablets.
For the short term treatment of acute mild to moderate pain which is not considered to be relieved by other analgesics (e.g. acetaminophen, ibuprofen or aspirin) alone, such as: headache, period pains, neuralgia, toothache and rheumatic pains.
Method of Use:
• Always take this medicine exactly as your doctor has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist, if you are not sure.
• Take this medicine with a glass of water.
• Adults over 18 years: 1 to 2 tablets: This dose may be taken with water every four to six hours if required, up to a maximum of 8 tablets in 24 hours.
• Children aged 12 years to 18 years:The recommended dose for children 12 years and older is 1 to 2 tablets every 6 hours when necessary up to a maximum of 8 tablets in 24 hours.You are advised not to drink alcohol with this medicine.
• Children aged less than 12 years: Codeine should not be used in children below the age of 12 years because of the risk of opioid toxicity due to the variable and unpredictable metabolism of codeine to morphine.
• Do not take for more than 3 days continuously without medical review.
• This product should not be administered to patients who have previously exhibited hypersensitivity to codeine or acetaminophen.
• Postoperative pain management in children who have undergone tonsillectomy and/or adenoidectomy.
• Severe liver disease.
• In women during breastfeeding.
• In patients for whom it is known they are CYP2D6 ultra-rapid metabolisers.
• Pseudomembrane colitis.
• Acute or severe bronchial asthma in an unmonitored setting or in the absence of resuscitative equipment.
• Known or suspected gastrointestinal obstruction, including paralytic ileus.