Box of 3 blisters of 10 scored tablets
Amlodipine is a calcium channel blocker and may be used alone or in combination with other antihypertensive and antianginal agents for the treatment of:
Amlodipine is indicated for the treatment of hypertension, to lower blood pressure. Lowering blood pressure reduces the risk of fatal and nonfatal cardiovascular events, primarily strokes and myocardial infarctions.
Coronary Artery Disease
Chronic Stable Angina
Vasospastic Angina (Prinzmetal's or Variant Angina)
Angiographically Documented Coronary Artery Disease in patients without heart failure or an ejection fraction < 40%
Method of Use:
• Always take your medicine as your doctor has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
• You should take this medicine at the same time each day with a drink of water.
• This medicine can be used before or after food and drinks.
• It is not recommended for use in children under 6 years.
• Do not take Amlodipine with grapefruit juice.
• Hypersensitivity to dihydropyridines, amlodipine or to any of the excipients.
• Amlodipine should not be used in cardiogenic shock, clinically significant aortic stenosis, unstable angina (excluding Prinzmetal's angina), severe hypotension, haemodynamically unstable heart failure after acute myocardial infarction.