Box of 10 blisters of 10 F.C. tablets
Neurology and Psychiatry
Oxcarbazepine is an antiepileptic drug indicated for:
• Monotherapy or adjunctive therapy in the treatment of partial seizures
• Monotherapy in the treatment of partial seizures in children 4-16 years
Adjunctive therapy in the treatment of partial seizures in children 2-16 years
Method of Use:
• Always take Trileptal exactly as your doctor or pharmacist has told you, even if this differs from the information given in this leaflet. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
• Swallow the tablets with a little water. It can be taken with or without food.
• Your doctor may increase the dose gradually to find the best dose for you.
• If you have kidney disease (with impaired kidney function), the starting dose is half the usual starting dose.
• If you have severe liver disease, your doctor may adjust your dose.
• Oxcarbazepine can be taken by children aged 2 years or above.
• The dosage for children depends on their weight.
• Do not change the dose or stop treatment without talking to your doctor.
Hypersensitivity to the active substance (oxcarbazepine), to eslicarbazepine or to any of the excipients